Monday, March 14, 2011

Pondering

  • Ancient Greek History... condensing years of education into roughly a month of classes.
  • The Odyssey... interesting, fruitful, and self-directed activities relevant to 10th graders.
  • Kurdish Language... verb tenses, pronouns agglutinating into verbs, and vocabulary in general.
  • Plants... when will they grow!
  • "I will glory in my Redeemer..."
  • Conflict and Confrontation... how does one communicate these sorts of things without freaking out, how does one know when these things ought to be communicated.
  • Vacuuming and Clothes in the Dryer... waiting for the city power, will it come back before midnight?
85. Successfully hosting team dinner
86. The plant selling Arab man's smile
87. Quiet
88. The pigeon-dove cooing with the hymns playing
89. The orange-red chicken on my sidewalk this afternoon
90. Wind-- the rusha-ba
91. People who hug me and help me with dishes
92. Understanding the "Betterness" of some things
93. Dreams that seem so real and tangible that they teach something


3 comments:

Graced Simplicity said...

Hello Friend,
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the web, I enjoyed "seeing" a new face. You too have a lovely gratitude list.

Blessings,
ESTHER
Our Simple Country Life

Craig said...

Even though it’s Tuesday I needed more gratitude so I just came over from Ann’s.

Your whole list was awesome - but I liked this one the best: 91. People who hug me and help me with dishes (because I suspect a whole story behind this one – I almost didn’t pick one because of all the stuff you wrote above the list – that’s the “list” of a mom who cares – and that is magic. – but of your list – I’ll go with 91)

God Bless and keep you and all of yours

thebeloved said...

Thanks, Esther.
Thanks, Craig. Although I'm not a mom, I do "care". =)