Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not Exactly Twitterpated

Twitter is a huge fad: one I always hoped to avoid.

Then the people I work for decided that this huge fad would be a good way to communicate and hopefully do some recruiting for more teachers in my area.

So, today, I signed up for twitter. I officially made my first "tweet". And I gave myself one more thing that I have to keep track of.

Why are they called "tweets" anyway? Is it because "a little bird told me"? Sounds like the perfect excuse for accelerated gossip to me. But what is used for evil the hands of some, God can use for good. So here goes...

1 comment:

Miriam Forster said...

I love Twitter! Also, I am following you now. *stalks Colleen*

Best starting Twitter advice I have: Only follow friends and people who talk about things you're interested in (most of mine are writers and people in publishing). And start slowly. If you jump in with too many follows or try to tweet a lot up front you can get overwhelmed and frustrated.

I view Twitter as a giant conversation. You can watch or jump in as you like. :)