Monday, November 12, 2012

Hangman

I run a study hall once a week for some high school students. It can be pretty boring, mellow, quiet... probably everything a study hall is supposed to be. But some days, when the rain makes the room gloomy, or the Monday morning has fogged everyone's brain over, we play hangman for about ten minutes. It's fun, not entirely devoid of mental exercise and gives me the chance to interact with them a little on a personal level. They have yet to be hung. Even the word "why" (which is a great hangman word) didn't phase them. They almost got stuck on "genius" though. Next time I may not give them hands and feet.

Thankful:

  • Quiet respectful students even on Mondays
  • People who love me for no reason
  • Vibrant trees
  • My water bottle
  • Owning a rain jacket on a rainy day
  • Teenage girl giggles
  • Long fingernails
  • Last minute coffee
  • Einstein Brother's Bagels
  • Coloring books and colored pencils
  • Getting to use green and blue in my cross stitch
  • Giraffes that are selfish and get struck by lightning (Andy Griffith reference)
  • Tears in church

No comments: