Wednesday, June 13, 2012



Sometimes I feel like my life is a neatly piled stack of stones. I might fall over any minute if the ground shakes and I don't feel like I have a whole lot of purpose.

But then I remember some other things about these little towers. First of all, they don't happen by accident. It is obvious that someone put it there on purpose. So also with me. I know God made me and put me here on purpose.

The second truth comes from the Old Testament. God asked people to set up piles of stones in several stories so that when people came by they would ask what that pile of stones was for. And the reason for the rocks was always something having to do with the guidance of their faithful God. So the stones were there to glorify God. They pointed to God and his greatness. What else could I ask for?

Maybe I am content to be a pile of stones.


No comments: