Sunday, January 15, 2012

Returning

In the last month I've returned to America, returned to family, returned to the Middle East, returned to my students, and now I'm returning to my blog. It's an amazing concept: "returning". There are so many things in life that we go back to again and again. Sometimes it is like the dog returning to his vomit as we return to our sins. But I find that more often I go back again and again to the good things I love. I return to family because I love them and love spending time with them. I return to my students because of my love for them and God's love for them as well. How blessed I am to have people whom I love and who love me to see and enjoy no matter which way I turn.

I've not posted my thankful list in a long long time, so I'm posting some now...
499. A visit from Kay, Lisa, and Dave
500. Ericka Corban and her latest CD
501. Sleep when it is sorely needed
502. Power outage quietness
503. Daily front window sunset
504. Laptop computer warmth
505. Phantom prism rainbows
506. Wine delivery
507. Productive grading times
508. Giant gifted sunglasses
509. Not needing the heater because of my awesome blankets
510. A Christian Thanksgiving 
511. Having e-mailed in my first two sets of grades
512. Reading a book that is really good that I had read so long ago that I had forgotten about it
513. The gas truck song
514. The mullah's call to  prayer
515. My phone ringing
516. Early morning energy
517. Surging warm love for my  kids
518. Farkle games and laughter
519. My new brown sweater a spontaneous gift off my friend's back

2 comments:

Jeannette Lewis said...

I just took a look at my old blog, and it reminded me that I haven't taken a look at yours in quite some time either. It sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. I miss being there; you're so blessed to have this opportunity. Don't ever forget that. Love and miss you.

Marian said...

:) Made me smile. Glad you made it back ok. Miss you!!