Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Barbie comes to life...

Finding the right jili kurdi fabric is a difficult adventure. There are so many to patterns to pick from, so many combinations, and so many styles and colors. Recently I took a couple of friends to pick out fabric for their own dresses. It was so much fun and both of them had a great "Aha" moment where the right fabric came into view. That's the one! Hooray! And then there was cutting and buying and smiling. Here's one with her teal blue over shiny blue and the bluish sequin near her is another part of it! Release your inner Barbie!

2 comments:

M's muses/nmissive said...

Hi

When I left Suly after my visit in 07 I guessed that I might be given a jili Kurdi dress in 08 when I came. I can remember thinking ...anything but pink....I kind of like the blues and greens. Well on day one of the conference I put on a pink blouse under my "professional" suit look..and the girls on the committee went "Ah- ha". I wore my jili Kurdi outfit at our Christmas party...feeling a bit like a pink Christmas bauble... but ah...I do smile with warmth at the heart of our Kurdish friends

Jeannette Lewis said...

Nice choice of cloth for Miss K. Zor jwana. :)