Thursday, February 11, 2010

Writing Project

So I've been telling my kids some stories lately of when I was a kid and their age. They've loved them. Most of it seems normal to me, of course... but they are fascinated. It makes me a real person to them and hopefully teaches them some of the things I've learned. But I can't spend all my class time telling them stories of my life. One of my students suggested that I write some of the stories down. So, I'm going to give it a try. I'll write and print them out here and staple them together and sell them to the kids. (Even basic photocopies are more expensive here than in the States.) They sounded interested and excited. Now I know what to do with all my "free time"! Funny.

2 comments:

Jeannette Lewis said...

Good luck! :)

M said...

Hi

After work yesterday (Monday 15th)Ken my flying instructor picked me up and we went to inspect the Ag strip on my folks farm.(Don't know that you'd know I have been learning to fly??) We were met by Craig (who does some work for Dad) and Paul (grader driver) just in case the strip needed some extra work. The strip was walked over and then driven over (to see how bumpy it might be in the plane). No major work required (thankfully) just some mowing.

So in the next few weeks/ month or so...when the grass has been slashed....Ken will take the plane out...and I will probably go in the car...and....whoo hoo...a landmark occassion is coming closer...

I can remember being really pleased as a kid when I peddled my 2 wheeler bike up the hill ALL the way for the first time. Much easier going down (2 gears and back peddle brakes my big brother had put it together for me. He found an old bike frame hanging in the shed, he cleaned it up, bought new wheels etc and even painted it bright red). I used to watch the super(phosphate) planes take off and land and thought it looked fun..never in my wildest dreams did I think I would do much more than wizz down the slope on my bike (and then farm motor bike and landcruiser when I learnt to drive)...the push bike was really fun I have to say...

Hope your writing for the kids goes really well and that our big brother shows you some really interesting things on the way through....
Bless you (the musing Meredith)