Saturday, July 11, 2009

Adjusting

  • I open the fridge to look for water. We don't keep water in the refrigerator here.
  • I'm cold even though its 80 degrees outside.
  • I glare at people as I go through the grocery store. I'm sorry.
  • I don't know the characters on TV shows that my family has watched for years. I'm not sorry about this one.
  • I miss my team--like a second family.
  • I get to drink milk, eat deli turkey sandwiches, and granola.
  • I miss my kids.
  • I get to see my family every day.
  • My brother took me out on a date today. We had Thai food.
  • I went running yesterday. It felt good.
  • I went out for coffee. Yay.
  • I had a good talk with a friend. More yay.
  • I went to a prayer group with people like me.
  • America is EASY.
  • America isn't perfect... it's missing some things.

5 comments:

Kea said...

So... why do you glare at people as you walk through the grocery store?

Mr. Robot said...

Are you back for good now?

thebeloved said...

Kea--I glare because that way we don't get unwanted male attention.

Justin--No, I'm just back for the summer.

Everyday Anne said...

I always enjoy hearing what you have to say. Keep sharing!

Bobbinoggin said...

I love your perspective and the transition between cultures. Thank you so much. :)