Thursday, June 08, 2006

Life

I have a wonderful host family that I am staying with that is a little more Northern (they only air condition their house to 78 degrees instead of 68). They make unsweetened tea for the grandmother. The grandmother also has alzheimers and in some ways my time in Nashville has felt like an extended version of my conversation with her:

"Where are you from?"
"Idaho"
"You are a long way from home then!"
"Yep"
"I hope you like us."
"I have had a good time so far."
"Where are you from?"
"Idaho"
"Oh, you are a long way from home then."
"Yep"
...........

But this is similar to what I get all the time as I constantly meet new people. Potatoes are also generously scattered amongst the words and phrases of the conversations. Idaho is more than potatoes, you know.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I stumbled upon your blog today, and was encouraged to see a fellow Believer out here! Glad to see you're not afraid to speak truth to the world. God Bless You!

mreddie said...

Things seem to be going well with you. Do you mean they actually grow potatoes in Idaho? :) ec

nic said...

Yes, there is more to Idaho than potatoes. Like onions, sugar beets, and wheat.

Oh yeah, crazy people like me. Glad to hear everything is going well so far.