Friday, April 21, 2006

I am a Laptop.

I recently acquired a laptop through the generosity of my grandparents for my University graduation. And something in my behavior has intrigued me. I am very protective. I know how much this is worth and how much of a benefit it is to me and what I need to do. It is a great blessing. I am so carful about not leaving it places it will get hurt or stolen. I know its worth to me. It reminded me of a verse from the Bible.

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, "I will never fail you nor forsake you." Hence we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid; what can man do to me?"–Hebrews 13:5-6 RSV (my bolding)

And the part that really stuck out to me is that part about God never leaving us. He values us (obviously more than I value my computer) in such a way that he will never leave us just laying around. And unlike me, who could accidentally do something stupid and lose my laptop, God is not careless enough to forget where he put me or leave me on the sidewalk. God will pay attention to what I need and protect me, in a like manner to the way I take care of my laptop. I only had to pay money to get my laptop, money I didn’t even earn. Christ paid his life for us and he promises not to leave us or be careless. That is something we can put faith in.

1 comment:

mreddie said...

Can relate to your protectiveness of your lap-top, I recently recieved one as a present for my birthday/anniversary/independence day/Thanksgiving/Christmas and even next Groundhog day. So far I have not let it out of the house and am very concerned as to who sits close to it. :)

I can also relate to the care that God gives to me - I'm constantly amazed by His love and the way He orders my steps - He's awesome! ec