Friday, June 23, 2006

Dares?

Do guys dare other guys to ask out random girls? That is the only reason I can fathom for what happened today in the coffee shop. Me and my friend Naomi were just standing in the lobby talking and a guy came and stood near us. We kept talking, he looked around. Then Naomi gave him her quizzical look and asked him something, maybe if he needed something... Anyway, his response was that we were beautiful girls and would one of us like to go to a movie tonight. We both said um... and No. We don't date for recreation or spend time with guys we don't know. But after he left we couldn't help but bursting into laughter. That was soooo random. Naomi and I joke that life is never dull for us, especially when we are together. It was reminiscent of Big Dan the Meat Man, a door to door salesman whose main goal in life was certainly not the steaks and cuts of beef he purported to sell. Fascinating. True, true, Life is never dull.

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Sure they do. Although generally speaking, laughing off getting shot down is done after you are out of earshot. Take it as a compliment.

nic said...

we do, sad but true. (btw, I don't any more, but did when I was single)

thebeloved said...

I was hoping this was some sort of freak accident. How scary that this is common!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, that was a definite random experience.

Nathan said...

I don't know about common, but single guys are, like most single people, lonely. Most of them would like to cure that loneliness, preferably with a girl, and more preferably still, with an attractive one. And though I don't know what you look like, I'm guessing you and your friend both have the common grace of beauty given to youth. So, like I said, take it as a compliment, but I wouldn't be surprised. Good call on your standards for dating though.