Friday, July 07, 2006

Again, Life is Never Dull

I don't know what it is about hanging out with my old roomie N. She and I always have the strangest experiences. Tonight as we were standing near our cars and chatting downtown we had an encounter with some most likely drunk fellows. They yelled from across the street something along the lines of "You ladies having a cat fight, do you wanna hang out with some bar dogs tonight?" Fortunately they were far enough away and drunk enough not to hear our response which was again laughter due to shock. I actually had to sit down on the concrete. Things like this I would say are a rare thing except this is the second time in a couple of weeks. My friend N. is very stunning, but they were so far away. I have no respect for guys who are willing to take any girl, any where, any time. Even if they think she is pretty, that is no indication of whether she has any worth in any other category. I am afraid that the last several months have given me some pretty weak views of guys as a whole. They play with my friends' hearts, they stir up divisions, they are as waves tossed upon the shore... I have remained safe but nearly every girl I know has been hurt by a guy recently. I knowI ought not generalize about guys; it isn't fair. But sometimes that is the way it is.

5 comments:

Nathan said...

I think if you generalize that generalization to all people, you're right on. Guys would say similar things about girls. We're all fallen, and we all are weak. It's not fair, in that it isn't right, but it is fair in that it is universal.

mreddie said...

The power of God does wonders for us guys - sometimes it takes a while though. :) ec

Ibid said...

I know I wasn't invited to M's wedding, and I'm in Oregon, but I was sorry to have missed it nonetheless...

As to guys, imperfection is the way of life. The most we can do is keep our wits about us while keeping ourselves from evil-- and still remain unjaded, open-hearted.

Colin Clout said...

It is true that we are all sinners, and so men are jerks, and so are women. Nevertheless, men are at their worst when they interact with women.

thebeloved said...

mreddie--I do know a few decent gentlemen out there...

nathan--unfortunately so.

ibid--thanks Katie, I am also sorry you missed the wedding... it was very pretty.

matt--You are right, there are a fair share of ditzy and annoying and evil women too.