So, we all know God will provide, right? But God moves in mysterious ways, too. We don’t always know the methods by which he will provide.
Thus it is when I am faced with a dilemma. My back is in knots from travel, stress, and bad posture. I could spend $75 at a really nice hotel next door for a great massage. It isn’t the most financially wise decision but God will provide what I need, right? And my back needs fixed. OR...
Perhaps rather I should not spend the money and trust God to fix my back and release the tension there on his own. After all, I can do a lot with $75 that will last much longer than 60 minutes. Maybe I’m just trying to step into his plans.
But what if I said this about a dentist? Should I go to the dentist and trust God for the money? Or trust God to take care of my teeth? Or has he provided for my teeth by means of the dentist? What about doctors?
What if it is something less clear, like needing some new clothes… I mean, we could all get by with a few less sets of clothing, but we also have expectations on us to look presentable and professional. Where do you trust God to provide?
Let’s say I have X amount of money. How do I choose to spend that money? What is the highest priority? What will glorify God the most? How am I even supposed to know?
PS. After posting my thankful list below, I am reminded that God loves me more than I know. He does more than I could ask or imagine. My choice in any of these things will not affect his abundant blessing toward me. He will make all things work together for my good.
304. Late night talks with Molly
305. God grabbing me by the shoulders and shaking me
306. Strolling in Istanbul
307. A new skirt
308. Holding a woman's hand on the airplane to calm her during take off
309. Laughing with Iraqi women met in a store... "How can you live in Iraq? We can't even live there!"
310. Man on the elevator asking if I am from Moscow... hehe... He meant Russia.
311. Apple Tea and Jesus
312. God taking care of the things I can't control... like buses and the people they affect
313. Getting OFF of buses... I get carsick
314. I never thought I'd say this, but I am very thankful for McDonalds!
315. Being called beautiful... again... by someone else... when I feel at my lowest (in terms of beauty).
316. God has a good sense of humor
317. Spy skills
318. Sergyn and what he taught me about myself. Ouch.