Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Golden Bowls Full of Incense



Last week, I played with paints and did a first draft of an image that has long been stuck in my head as incredibly beautiful. I’ve tried to re-create my internal vision so many times, but nothing matches what I imagine from this verse in Revelation. And just from the bolded portion.  

And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. ~Revelation 5:8

The Old Testament is full of imagery about pleasing aromas from sacrifices, and then the New Testament adds how we are the aroma of Christ (who is our sacrifice). But that our prayers could fit into the same category of producing a pleasing aroma before God? Whoa! 

So I pray without really understanding everything that’s going on… and that’s ok.

No comments: