Sunday, April 14, 2013

Journal -- November 29, 2005

This is the first time I mention going to Iraq in my Journal. I've been reading through it... tracing God's grace.

It is fascinating how fast things can change in my heart. But really, I had made the mistake of dwelling on the past and memories and could-haves. My heart is again with the Lord and free. It has been snowing today--the first real snow  and it is so magnificently beautiful that I have been dancing and singing all day. God is so good and even better when we are in tune with Him.

Most of my thoughts have been with where God might want me to go after I graduate in May. If I had my choice I'd go overseas. Right now, I am exploring a Classical Christian School in Iraq. There are dangers and I don't know what God wants me to do, but I am seeking. God has promised that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. I still don't know what god has for my future, but I become more and more excited as different possibilities arise. What next?

"Whatsoever Thou sayest unto me, by Thy grace I will do it. This is my vow." Amy Carmichael


No comments: