Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Pungency...

It is Tuesday morning. I am sitting in my car in our carport typing because everything that needs done, needs done in the house, and I very well might throw up if I have to go back in there. We awoke this morning to a smell my house-mate declared “pungent”. In addition, this happened on the very day where we were going to clean and prepare our house for our departure. The smell we thought was coming from Autumn’s room. But then we traced it to behind the ceiling tiles in the living room. We still can’t find it. It smells soooo bad. We pulled half the stuff out of the room into the hallway. We opened and sniffed cupboards till we were blue in the face. It stinks. That is all I can say.

Eventually, we gave up. The house is aired out and mostly only the living room smells. We still have no idea what to do about it. We had half our team over for a good part of the day scoping out the stink. Pray for this situation. I don’t want to wake up to that smell in the morning.


This is a picture of our living room: Today we cleaned it out, took up the rug, swept and washed the floor, as well as rearranging some for the family that is coming back soon to live here. Then they will be stuck with the smell problem. I am soo sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh-oh. Sounds like something may have died and is now "stinketh"-ing. We had a rat do that once. I will never forget that smell......

mreddie said...

Being blessed (?) with a very sensitive sense of smell, it drives me up the wall if I can't find out what is causing an odor. ec

thebeloved said...

anonymous--I don't think it could have been a dead animal... especially since it doesn't smell at all now and we never found "IT".

Mr Eddie--It still causes us some puzzlement. Especially because this smell was unlike any odor I have ever found.