Monday, October 22, 2007

Craftiness...

It was like the planets had aligned themselves. A week ago, while I was on break and had time, I realized a need to organize some things, and I felt like organizing. All three coincided together...now I just had to figure out how! I needed some smaller bins or boxes for things like pens and cords. I haven't ever seen anything like that here, at least not in my budget. But I discovered a large cardboard box. I received permission to tear it to pieces and and a box cutting knife. I spent nearly all one afternoon and some of the next day creating boxes and covering them in brightly colored paper. My room is now organized and bright and happy!

I made 12 boxes in all, I think. The red one pictured here is the biggest and is triangle shaped to fit economically on my shelf. I have a grand stockpile of various medications that were rather ugly sitting on the shelf by themselves.

3 comments:

Thainamu said...

Very clever idea--make your little nest as comfortable and uniquely your own as you can.

One time, about 100 years ago, when I was living in Mexico, I made myself a chest of drawers out of orange packing boxes.

Diane said...

I was reminded of when you were in Japan and made your coffee table out of cardboard and chopsticks, and made it look nice too. You are remarkably clever and "crafty". I love you,
Mom

Susannah said...

Bright colors, creativity. Ah, the joy and satisfaction. Well done! :~)